Insomnitol™ Chewables are great tasting, lemon-flavored tablets formulated to support quality sleep and the promotion of calming brain activity. They feature melatonin, a multifunctional hormone whose main role lies in its involvement in the circadian (day/night) biological rhythms, and 5-HTP, a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin. These tablets also contain vitamin B6, inositol and l-theanine in order to further help promote the natural ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Melatonin - hormone whose main role is in the control of the circadian (day/night) rhythms. Its production should peak at night and is instrumental for maintaining quality sleep patterns. Melatonin production declines significantly with age, often causing sleep difficulties associated with age.
- 5-HTP - Precursor to serotonin; supports further melatonin production during the night to help with staying asleep
- Vitamin B6 - When using 5-HTP for enhancing serotonin and melatonin production to promote healthy mood and sleep, the addition of pyridoxal-5-phosphate, an activated form of vitamin B6, helps to catalyze the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin (5-HT)
- Inositol - Supports overall relaxation and helps maintain the proper metabolism of serotonin
- L-Theanine - Supports calming neurotransmitter production; helps reduce stress and improve the quality of sleep